CPG Bytes—Introducing a New Treasure Data Video Series
Every industry has seen an unprecedented amount of change and uncertainty during 2020, and the consumer packaged goods (CPG) industry is no exception. Many of the changes have been driven by the COVID-19 pandemic. But in some ways, the pandemic has been just the tipping point for disruption across the CPG industry—the underlying shifts in consumer behavior have been stacking up for years. These changes include:
- Increased importance on purchase drivers such as sustainability, organic, locally grown
- Shifts in media and engagement channels
- Pervasive use of technology, especially mobile, by consumers
- Rise of “born on the internet” brands setting a new benchmark for consumer experience, engagement, and co-creation
If your industry news subscriptions are like ours, you have undoubtedly seen a sharp increase in stories pertaining to CPG brands. The pandemic has highlighted the customer data gap CPG brands face and the monumental efforts they are making to embrace digital transformation—often by adopting a direct-to-consumer business model.
We are seeing in real time how industry leaders such as Coca-Cola, PepsiCo and Clorox respond to widespread stay-at-home orders that have physically separated them from their consumers.
At Treasure Data, we’ve been paying close attention to the shifts in the CPG industry (even before the pandemic), including the latest lessons learned, best practices, and innovative use of technology. “CPG Bytes”—our new short-video series—focuses on the most meaningful industry news stories, distilling, in a quick few minutes, key takeaways and insights you can use within your organization.
We are tackling topics such as:
- Latest trends in consumer engagement and experience
- Best practice examples from industry leaders and up-and-coming brands across areas such as DTC, marketing, and data analytics
- Customer Data Platform (CDP) news and stories
The first three videos are up now, and you can expect a new one to drop every two weeks. We hope you’ll join us at CPG Bytes for the latest information on CPG industry trends and insights.